After my first EME weekend, my good friend Palle, OZ9DT, asked me if we should make a EME system at his QTH, then both of us could use the system.
I very good idea, Palle got a 2.4m dish, but the dish was not ready for use, so we decided to borrow a 1.8m from Peter, OZ1LPR.
We spend some evenings and some concrete to make the system ready for the ARRL EME contest.
Here Palle at the system
1.8m Dish and Egis rotator
Now the system is ready for EME
At the moment we are using my tropo setup a DB6NT G3 and an Elisra 15W PA. The output at the feed about 12W and a NF about 2.3 dB. Next step is to optimize it, we need to have a waveguide preamp (already bought) direct at the feed and some more power.
System used inside : DB6NT TR144 + Hermes SDR.
Here some pictures from inside during the our Sunday
We only had time to be qrv Sunday from 6Z until our moonset at 11Z.
Here the log :
Number of QSO listed: 3
We did make 3 qso’s HB9Q, UA4HTS and OZ1LPR, we were heard by SQ7D, OZ1FF, PA3DZL & PA7JB all JT4F. Not many stations qrv Sunday on JT, our 12W was to little to work CW.